Wednesday, September 3, 2008

across the starbucks tile...

I'm working at Starbucks this morning. One of the hardest weeks of my life and a time of deep reflection. Thankfully good brothers and one of our church leaders reminded me in different ways that I should focus on Christ and look to see how this week could glorify Him. Good advice.

I'm sitting near a window and watched the light from the sun slowly move across the tiles. Imperceptible movement at a glance, but noticeable every few minutes--like a sundial of sorts. It reminded me of my fleeting life. That my days are known by God and I have one life to live--for Him.

As the Scriptures say: "Lord teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

-J

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for letting us into your week John. Love you.
vic

SchwartzCats said...

luv u 2 vic :)

Anonymous said...

We have been praying and praying for you and Chris John. Nothing gets by God and He will bring good for you if we love Him.

momma

Anonymous said...

Everything OK, Rook??

Kirby

SchwartzCats said...

Heya, Kirb. Ya, all going ok. After all that went on last week, I topped it off by throwing out my back moving a piano. :) Call me sometime.