Thursday, March 20, 2008

number six on the way!



Hey friends, Christy is pregnant with our sixth! What a blessing. And, yes, I actually mean that. Children are a blessing from the Lord. The wisest man in the world (Solomon), inspired by the Holy Spirit, penned the following long ago:

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord;
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one's youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
They shall not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.
A good book we'd both recommend for young folks (and grandparents) as they consider what Scripture says about families and having children is entitled, "Be Fruitful and Multiply".

11 comments:

Pate Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for your family. I'm going to start praying right now that this time you don't feel as sick for the first few months- and if you do anyway, let me know how I can help. Tiff

Mike said...

Congratulations my friends!

the millers said...

congrats... that is so awesome... we will remember you all in our prayers in the coming months...


happy easter

the millers

brase yourself said...

Congratulations to you both. Cool.

Val

Ellie said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

: )

Wilson Family said...

Congrats! =) We're so happy for you!

Lylah Ledner said...

well, well, well . . . i'm so smiling - from down hear in the az. desert. congratulations!!!!

blessings...lylah

thetysonfamily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How appropriate that I should find your blog when this entry is first up. The way you encouraged Tracy years ago (in Carrollton) when we were struggling with some comments on children and how we saw them has stayed with us. I always missed your precious family. I almost cried when I saw the pics of your five... they're not the little babies I remember!! (Well, I never even got to meet Rebekah!) We found out that we're expecting our third just a few weeks ago and Elia is already talking about wanting to fill up the whole car with six children! :) Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!

Mars said...

That's awesome - congratulations. I can't wait to tell Shawn. :)
Mars

kalebsmum said...

Congratulations... See you at PE!!

Anonymous said...

Just when I thought we had caught up with you....!